Thursday, February 5, 2009



Hello to everyone!

I welcome you to the new AScential Nails News Blog!!! WhooHoo!!! I am so excited because we have evolved!

Despite the challenges we have recently undergone, I am continuing to press forward. While I have still not secured a new location, I remain hopeful that soon (and very soon) this will be settled. In the meanwhile, I will continue to send you out updates and hopefully interesting info with regards to your nail care and products and promo's.

February is traditionally the month of LOVE! In fact, my youngest just made her 18th birthday!!! How amazing is that. It's so true in the saying that time really flies. I can remember going into the hospital to have her and what a wonderful experience it all was for our family because we had prayed for another baby girl after our oldest daughter had sadly passed away some years before. Truly, February is the month of LOVE for me. I choose to move forward and rejoice with my daughter as she moves towards her young adulthood.

The one new advantage of doing this blog is that I am able to be a lot more creative and include some cool videos with regards to nail care. This allows you to gain some additional perspectives on nail care & health. I've already got some videos up and hope you'll take the time to view each of them as they are informative & fun!


MONTH OF LOVE SPECIALS!!!!
While at this time I am unable to offer you nail services, I am still available to do home product parties. I sent an eletter a little while ago to you all to let you know what they were all about. I hope that some of you will consider booking one.

During February AScential Nails Winter Mani/Pedi Balm is on Sale for just $9.50 (a $12.50 value)

Also enjoy savings this month on AScential Nails All Over Hands & Feet Creme now just $13.50 (a $15.95 value)

Visit www.fragrance2u.net for these sale items!

NATURAL NAIL HEALTH

ONYCHOPHAGY
scott.k12.va.us/rita/disorderpics.htm






Each month we cover a nail disorder or disease and this month I've chosen a very common disorder "onychophagy". This is the technical term for "bitten nails". This is an all to familiar nail disorder because so many persons have from one time to another engaged in it.

According to an article found at Soft Dental -The Houston Laser, Cosmetic & Family Dentist stated that some people bite their nails when they are stressed, worried, or bored, while others simply nibble their nails unconsciously. According to a study published in Psychological Reports, nail biters encompass all ages:

  • 28 to 33 percent of children who are 7-10 years old
  • 44 percent of adolescents
  • 19 to 29 percent of young adults
  • 5 percent of older adults

Males are more likely than females to bite their nails (10 percent fewer girls than boys). Also, people with higher levels of intelligence are more likely to bite their nails; this may be because higher levels of responsibility and stress lead to increased tendencies for nail biting.

Nail biting may include not only biting at or tearing of the nail itself but also chewing away at the cuticle area, which can put one at risk for a variety of infections. As you learned in some of our earlier newsletters, it is very important to take care of the cuticles (folds of skin around the nail bed) because the cuticles can be portals of entry for bacteria when they have been damaged or "opened". Many individuals fail to realize that nail biting can actually lead to some of the following conditions:

  • Mouth infections -as a result of dirty or unwashed hands being placed into the mouth
  • Spreading oral diseases such as herpes
  • Orthodontic problems - incisors may possibly be damaged from biting hard nails overtime
  • Nail infectons - frequent biting can cause weakening of nails & nail beds creating small openings or cracks in which bacteria and fungi can enter
So, what can one do?
  • Have Manicures by a Licensed Nail Care Professional
  • Carry an emery board or clipper with you to avoid biting or nipping skin or nails with teeth
  • Cast your cares (stresses, worries) over on the Lord because He cares for YOU
  • Have family & friends pray with you and stand in agreement according to Mat 18:18,19,20
To learn more visit
Janet Martins article at Article Base
also
Soft Dental -The Houston Laser, Cosmetic & Family Dentist
The American Academy of Dermatology

Happi Black History Month!!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Martin Luther King


Well, I hope you have enjoyed our new news/blog and there is more to come! I thank each of you who have been willing to pray for me concerning a new location for AScential Nails, again thank you so much!

I need your help to get the word out about AScential Nails & AScential Experience, so please forward this blog on to at least 1 person you know would enjoy it!

Also please take a moment and subscribe to this blog as I am trying to build a wonderful online community for the purposes of education & networking you and your businesses as well.

I''d like your feedback and if you have nail care or product questions, please email me. If I select your question, you'll receive a $5 off Gift Certificate from AScential Experience and I'll publish your question in the next blog!

Blessings!
Miss Yna

No comments:

Post a Comment